Jimin dominates Gaana & Jio Saavn, India’s largest and second largest music streaming platforms respectively as the most-streamed BTS member
From His Best Treasure To His Dream Coming True: 5 Things We Bet You Didn’t Know About BTS Jimin
Jimin has established himself as one of the most powerful artists despite not having an official solo debut yet. All his solo songs released under the BTS discography have been doing exceptionally well on various music streaming platforms domestically and internationally, despite being unpromoted B-side tracks in the group’s albums. The case is no different with the songs released under his name, breaking records on different music streaming platforms since their release day.
For example, on Spotify, which is the biggest music streaming platform globally, ‘Filter‘ broke the record for the biggest 24-hour debut for a Korean soloist on its release day and currently holds the record as the most-streamed solo song from the group’s ‘Map of the Soul: 7’ album, and the second most-streamed BTS solo song overall, achieving this in just under two years. Additionally, ‘Lie‘ holds the record as the most-streamed solo song from the ‘Wings’ album and the second most-streamed song overall from the album after the title track.
On YouTube, ‘Filter‘ holds the record for the most-streamed Korean audio track on the platform, whereas ‘Lie‘ short film is the most viewed and liked among all the short films released for the ‘Wings’ album. Moreover, ‘Christmas Love’ broke the record for the biggest 24-hour debut for a Korean solo song on the platform on its release day.
- Jimin is the member to whom the other BTS members talk when they feel down.
- Talking about his ideal girlfriend, he said that the girl must be nice, cute, charming and must be shorter than him.
- The talented studied at an art school, pursuing modern dance before his teacher recommended that he should audition for K-pop.
- Not many know that the star almost got rejected to join the group BTS. He said, “I was in danger of not debuting because I didn’t dance well enough. My major was modern dance. Because idol choreography is so different from what I was used to, I found it difficult,” as quoted by Hindustan Times
- He practises with his co-member Jungkook most of the time.